The Stretch command lets you alter one or more entities scaling along a defined vector. The entity or entities to be stretched must be selected
prior to entering the Stretch command panel.
Select Edit, Transform, Stretch. Specify the Anchor point by either using the XYZ text field in the Point Placement frame
or by picking the point in the Display window. Select the begin and end points of the stretching
transformation vector. Click on OK to accept the stretching or click Clear Stretch Vector to reselect the
stretching vector coordinates. Click on Cancel to exit the panel without saving any changes.
The Stretch panel provides controls for anchor point and stretching vector selection.
Within the Stretch panel, the Stretch Summary table provides details about the stretching anchor, stretching vector coordinates, and
direction as they are chosen.
- Anchor: Refers to the fixed point about which the selected entity or entities will be stretched.
- Begin Point: Refers to the beginning coordinates of the stretching vector.
- End Point: Refers to the ending coordinates of the stretching vector.
- Factor: Refers to the ratio of the difference between the beginning point of the stretching vector and the anchor with the difference
between the ending point of the stretching vector and the anchor.
- Direction: Refers to the direction of the chosen stretching vector.
Tools in the Stretch Control frame pertain to changing an existing stretching anchor or vector.
- Repick Anchor: Allows you to reselect, either in the Point Placement frame or the Display window, the Anchor point
- Clear Stretch Vector: allows you to clear both the Begin Point and End Point stretching vector values.
The tools within the Point Placement frame provide additional ways to specify from the
keyboard the coordinates you wish to use for the anchor, beginning and ending points of the scaling vector.