The Translate command lets you alter one or more entities by moving them to a new position in Cartesian space. The entity or entities to be
translated must be selected prior to entering the Translate command panel.
Select Edit, Transform, Translate. Specify the begin and end points of the translation
transformation vector. Click on OK to accept the translation or click Clear Translation Vector to
reselect the translation vector coordinates. Click on Cancel to exit the panel without saving any changes.
The Translate panel provides multiple options for translating an entity in addition to a summary of translation coordinates.
Within the Translate panel, the Translation Summary table provides details about the translation vector’s coordinates and total
- Begin Point: It refers to the coordinates of the reference point by which the selected entity will be moved.
- End Point: It refers to the coordinates of the new location to which the selected entity’s or entities’ reference point should be
- Total Distance: It represents the absolute value of the total distance traversed by the translation.
Other tools available in the Translate panel pertain to the mechanics of how a translation is performed.
- Offset Vector: It refers to the amount of translation in each of the x, y and z directions from the initial location.
- Clear Translation Vector: It allows you to clear the values for the beginning and ending coordinates of the translation vector.
The tools within the Point Placement frame provide additional ways to specify from the
keyboard the coordinates you wish to use for the beginning and/or ending points of the translation vector.